Holly's Happy Place

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Steelers open a can of Woop Ass on the Clowns

The Steelers dominated the Cleveland Browns from the opening kickoff until the final gun, defeating them 41-0 and putting themselves in control of their own destiny in the wild card playoff race.
GO STEELERS!!!!



HEAD COACH BILL COWHER
(On the game) – “I have a lot of respect for Cleveland. I think Charlie Frye is going to be a good quarterback. We were fortunate to come out and play with a lot of energy. All three phases played at a high level. We needed this win. We’re in a situation we know we’ve been in. We’ve been in the playoffs for three weeks now. Nothing will change next week. We have something to build off of now. We will take a break, enjoy Christmas and come back on Wednesday and understand what we have in front of us.”
(On the Steelers’ offense finishing drives) – “It’s big because that is a Cleveland team that has been very good in the red zone. We converted third downs. We talk about situational football – converting in the red zone and on third downs. I thought that was the key to the game.”
(On the play of his team) – “I like to think we are getting better as a football team, and we need to. We are starting to get people back. Our quarterback is starting to look like he is in rhythm. He got the offense going. I thought our special teams were outstanding today. We haven’t had blocks in back-to-back games since I have been here. We are starting to do some things well, and we need to at this time of the year.”
(On peaking at the end of the year) – “The circumstances are such that we don’t have a choice. We were put in that situation by losing those three games in a row. We know the path that is ahead of us. It’s a tough journey, but the guys are looking forward to it.”
(On RB Willie Parker) – “He is going to get better. What people don’t understand is that the more he carries the ball, the better he will become. He is a young player and a first year starter. We are going to have to live with some of his decisions. He has great people around him.”
STEELERS PLAYERS

BEN IS BACK WOO HOO!!!



QB Ben Roethlisberger
(On the game) – “This was one of those games where we clicked really well on offense. Our defense was out there having fun flying around. It was fun watching them today. We had a good day, and it felt good for us.
(On today’s game being the best of the season so far) – “It probably was. It felt good to go out there and do what we wanted to - running and throwing the ball. We may have missed a couple of plays here and there, but we went out and played hard. I give a lot of credit to the Browns. They came out and played us hard. Our offensive line played well, again. They always do a good job.”
(On his thumb feeling better) – “They say I can never throw over 42 yards. We came out this week in practice and tried to air the ball out a little more. I did that a couple of times today. I overthrew a one-on-one, which is not always a bad thing. It was good to get out there and let it loose.”


LB James Harrison
(On the fan who ran on the field) – “He went after V [RB Verron Haynes] and his back was to me. I thought I could safely take him down and hold him until someone came.”
(On the shutout) – “It’s always important to go out there and not let a team score any points on you.”
(On gaining momentum for the playoffs) – “We are building up to that. We are taking everything one game at a time.”

WR Quincy Morgan

(On his touchdown catch) – “My Christmas is good now. I don’t need anything else for Christmas. It feels good. The coaches understand that they have a guy who is going to make plays when he is in the game.”
(On the fans reaction to him) – “I have no reason for a love-hate relationship. I saw a couple of people in the stands with my jersey on. Those people who supported me while I was here - I love you guys. There were some fans who got wishy-washy with me when things were not going well. I had a celebration planned, but I had to get away from them [fans] throwing stuff at me.”

1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger The Ramblin Irishman said…

    My word Holly I about threw up. Pittsburg (gag, choke, barf,) Actually I say that but I kind of like them although the BRONCOS are better. Ha ha. Hope you guys had a good holiday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home